Monday 18 May 2015

The problems of being a time travelling pirate

I love travelling back in time to the Sea Wolf and being a pirate for a while. I can’t wait for the moment that I spit on my special doubloon and give it a rub and Whoosh! I’m back in 1706, all ready for another adventure.
But! It’s not easy remembering not to talk about things that haven’t been invented yet. Some of the crew wouldn’t understand. They would think I was a witch or a spy for the governor and they’d throw me overboard for the sharks to feast on.
So if you ever find a magic doubloon and join a pirate ship from 300 years ago, I’m going to give you some tips over the next few blogs.
Here is tip number one Don’t talk about mobile phones! We know all about them but for a pirate in the past, the first phone call won’t be made for another 170 years. And they’ll have to wait even longer for a mobile one.
I don’t think a mobile would be much use to a pirate anyway. It would be hard to get a signal out at sea.
Q. Why didn’t the pirate’s phone work?

A Because he left it off the hook!

2 comments:

  1. I love that bit in the ghost ship when you told fernando about your mobile phone ringing in your pocket

    ReplyDelete